Thursday, August 12, 2010

King Friday



Mr. Rogers is one of my life's heroes. In an earlier permutation of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, King Friday sang a song, like Row, Row, Row Your Boat, except fancier.

Propel, propel, propel your craft
Swiftly down smooth-flowing waters
Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically
Existence is but an illusion.

I recently read an article about creativity in America. I'll get it posted soon, but it startled me, because it seems so frightening, that people, children in the US are becoming less and less creative. Perhaps one of the reasons is that Public television is not what it used to be. If I ever have children, I plan on getting ahold of recordings of Mr. Rogers to let them watch his show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owen recommends hitting Cmd-A then Cmd-C (or Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C on Windows) to copy your comment to the clipboard before you hit "Submit". That way, if your comment doesn't post for whatever reason, you can paste it back into the comment field with Cmd-V (or Ctrl-V) and try again.